Sunday, December 13, 2009

Does the 'shimmering' dust in lipsticks & skincare products dangerous? What does these shining dust made of?

It depends on the manufacturer. Usually, it's mica although sometimes it is fish scales. And possibly other things but I believe that mica is on eof the most common.





No danger is posed by having mica in makeup. Although, if you are allergic to fish you may react to products with fish scales. (Can people be allergic to just fish? I can't remember.)





eta: I was just looking to see if I could find other things about this. And apparently a few people have reported having reactions to makeup with mica in them. These were supposed to be rare as stated in my very unreliable source, I think it was an ebay shop page selling makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers